River Rock Competition Student Bible Quizzing Team(s)
During the School Year Bible Quizzing teams practice Sunday afternoons and usually compete one Saturday a month.
The Quizzing Mission is accomplished by:
- Providing teens with an opportunity to be involved in the systematic study and application of God’s word.
- Building character, instilling self-discipline and encouraging prayer and unity.
- Equipping young people with the capacity to serve in other areas of ministry
During the Bible Quizzing year the most recent info is listed on the Northwestern District Quizzing site: ncdquiz.org
About Bible Quizzing adapted from Alliance Bible Quizzing site:
To the casual observer, Bible quizzing is a sport in which three teams match knowledge, jumping speed, memory, and quickness of response against one another on a designated portion of Scripture. However, quizzing offers much more than just competition and sport. The program involves memorizing a specific book or books of the Bible for each quiz year. By becoming involved in memorization, young people develop a love and respect for the Bible. The Word is planted in their hearts and dynamically influences them.
Young people from 10 years old to 12th grade compete against each other, which allows quizzing to be diversified. Younger students learn from the older ones and vice versa. Through this teamwork, Bible quizzing helps young people develop a genuine concern for others. Quizzers learn to rely upon the Lord and not upon themselves to attain their goals. Quizzing also gives a biblical perspective for everyday life and helps in the application of scriptural principles.
Establishes new relationships between Christian young people who have similar values and interests. Develops deep friend-ships with teammates and competitors.
- Produces a lasting spiritual impact through Bible memorization.
- Increases in-depth knowledge of the Bible.
- Teaches the necessity of studying.
- Molds personality and builds character.
- Encourages down-to-earth honesty and a cooperative team spirit with others.
- Teaches application of Christian unity and sportsmanship.
- Teaches goal-setting and how to work toward achieving goals.
- Builds self-confidence and aids in overcoming fear and nervousness.
- Develops the ability to think quickly under pressure.
- The best quizzers may be eligible for Crown College Scholarships.
- A willingness to set aside time for study and to learn.
- Be 10 years old through 12th Grade.
- An encouraging attitude and spirit.
- A willingness to be motivated and challenged and a desire to do your best!
- Able to travel to several quiz competitions during quiz season.
- Willingness to set aside necessary money to cover quiz expenses.
Student Bible Quizzing 10 years old through 12th Grade study and practice quoting Bible verses during the quiz season (Sept – April) and meet to compete against teams from other churches at monthly quiz meets.